Displaying Mapinfo text layer with rotation {Scanned} {Scanned}

Tamas Szekeres szekeres.tamas at FREEMAIL.HU
Mon Aug 8 10:11:58 EDT 2005

Dear Zoltán!

I've debugged the mapserver's code and the following things could really
solve my problem:

Using "STYLEITEM AUTO" I had to set up a proper fontset in accordance with
the settings of the Mapinfo data source. A least a "default" font should
be declared in order to draw the labels with truetype fonts. Without this,
the layer is rendered using raster fonts that could not been rotated at
all.

The settings of the datasource is validated in the msOGRGetAutoStyle
function in mapogr.cpp. In most of my MapInfo files the label size is set
to zero, so the labels are rendered with the default minimum size (4) at
all scales (msGetLabelSize). (The current scale factor is multiplied with
the label size of the class which is zero.) To workaround this, I had to
change the code as setting the minimum label size coming from the OGR
source to 1.
I'm waiting for a correct solution, which can be suited into the overall
concept of the program.

Many thanks, for your suggestions,

Tamas Szekeres