slighty OT: new hardware for a mapserver application

Dylan Beaudette dylan at IICI.NO-IP.ORG
Mon Aug 8 14:11:29 EDT 2005

Thanks for the tips Ed,

There should be about 100Gb of imagery in geotiff format, 5 to 10 Gb of vector
data stored in shapefiles, and about another 5 to 10 Gb of tabular data
stored in MySQL.

I am not expecting a huge number of hits per day, but right now it is hard to
say... perhaps 10 to 100 requests per day?

We are considering a dual processor xeon system with SCSI disks, as this
closely resembles our test machine.

Thanks again,

Dylan