MrSID Error

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 15 10:54:22 EDT 2005

On 8/15/05, Shaik A. Hussain <shussain at atsincorp.com> wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I am getting the following error with the MrSID layer file. Can any one
> help me how to fix this error.
>
> msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'MrSid'.
>
> msDrawRaster(): Image handling error. Unrecognized or unsupported image
> format

Shaik,

Whether or not your MapServer instance supports MrSID format for
input depends on whether your GDAL is built with MrSID support.
Try:

  gdalinfo --formats

to list all GDAL support formats in your build.  Likely you do not have
MrSID support enabled.  It can be a bit involved to build in.

Best regards,