PNG symbols causing crash

Hunter, David - St. Louis Park, MN David.Hunter at FNF.COM
Mon Aug 15 12:18:11 EDT 2005

I have a map file that worked perfectly in CGI version 4.4.1, but with
version 4.6 mapserver crashes.  I have isolated the problem to the use
of PNG symbols (for highway shields, in this case).  If I simply
un-comment-out this line, mapserver crashes, even with the layer turned
off.  This is within a class defined as such:

    CLASS

      NAME "Interstates"

       STYLE

         SYMBOL 'symbols/interstate.png'

      END

    END

When I change the path to the PNG, I get an error message from Mapserver
saying the file cannot be opened.  With correct path, Mapserver tries to
write to address 0x00000010.  I also tried using GIFs, same problem.
This is running on Win2000.  Mapserver was downloaded from Hobu's site,
and is the standard build.

David S. Hunter
Sr. Software Engineer
Fidelity National Geographic Solutions