how to set transparent to false on wms query?

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at SYNCERA-ITSOLUTIONS.NL
Tue Aug 16 03:11:11 EDT 2005

Hi,

This is hardcoded in mapwmslayer.c, so please file an enhancement bug for this in bugzilla.

msSetWMSParamString(psWMSParams, "TRANSPARENT", "TRUE",MS_FALSE);

Btw, I am not 100% that the remote WMS service is allowed to return a ServiceException, I think according to the spec it should just ignore the TRANSPARENT parameter. But that's spec details.

Best regards,
Bart

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera IT Solutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.nl

>>> Jaakko Kahkonen <jaakko.kahkonen at FGI.FI> 08/16/05 07:53am >>>
I'm trying to use mapserver 4.6 as a WMS client. When sniffing GET query
with ethereal, I noticed that query uses TRANSPARENT=TRUE value as a
default.

And WMS-server I'm quering does not support transparency:

<ServiceExceptionReport version="1.1.1">
<ServiceException code="OperationNotSupported">Request is for an
optional operation that is not supported by the server
 : Transparency of returned images not supported on this
version.</ServiceException>
</ServiceExceptionReport>

How can I send a query from mapserver without TRANSPARENT=TRUE value, or
does this reply from server mean something else? I tried to set
TRANSPARENT OFF, but it didn't help...

--
Jaakko