projection issue...

Dean C. Mikkelsen dcmikkelsen at SHAW.CA
Wed Aug 17 16:45:38 EDT 2005

Hi there,

One observation, you are using two different datum's. The TIGER File is
NAD83 and the States File is NAD27.

Look at using the PROJ4 library routines to convert one to the other.
This may lead you down the right path.

Cheers,
Dean

Dean C. Mikkelsen, B.Sc., P.Eng.
Consultant, Terra ETL Ltd. - Geodesy & GIS
Phone: +1 604 929 8630
E-mail: dcmikkelsen at shaw.ca

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of John Cole
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 1:41 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] projection issue...

Thanks to everyone helping me to find the EPSG code, I was able to find
both the esri and epsg file in the proj directory.

Unfortunately, I had the epsg code correct (I was hoping it was wrong,
because the projection isn't working).  I'm trying to get a shapefile of
the Midwest states to work with a projected tiger county (epsg:26930).
I'm including the prj file for both the states and my county, along with
a mapfile and an image of what I'm getting.

I've been reading and searching, and I thought this should work, but my
north Alabama county is winding up in Maine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John Cole

intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named