oracle layers: php sometime crashes

Francesco Sozzi fsozzi at INTERCAD.CH
Thu Aug 18 11:20:52 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I have a trouble in using QueryByAttributes or QueryByShape on an Oracle Spatial layer: PHP sometime crashes.
The strange thing is that it happens only on some layer and on some PC.
I have a test installation with exactly the same php code, Apache version, Mapserver version, Oracle Version, OS version (Windows XP Professional) and on one machine works fine and on another php crashes (and only on one oracle layer, for the other oracle layers it works fine).

Has anybody already experimented a problem like this?....

Bets regards

I use:
- PHP 4.3.10
- Mapserver 4.4.1
- Apache 2
- Windows XP

The test code is:
<?php

$gMap = ms_newMapObj("C:/App/QueryMapWEB/data/AIL/gas.map");
$gLayer = $gMap->getLayerByName("Condotte");

$rectDrawnedMapCoord = ms_newrectObj();
$rectDrawnedMapCoord->setextent(716765.866548,
    89471.4128114 ,
    717831.590747,
    87732.5996441);

$qresult = $gLayer->queryByRect($rectDrawnedMapCoord);
$layer->open();

?>

The layer definition is:
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Condotte
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------
LAYER
 NAME "Condotte"
 TYPE LINE
 CONNECTIONTYPE oraclespatial
 CONNECTION "ail_gas/avs at tb"
 DATA "GEOM FROM (SELECT fid,geom,FROM ga_strang WHERE geom is not null AND DELETED=0) USING UNIQUE fid NONE"
 STATUS DEFAULT
 SYMBOLSCALE 200

 CLASS
  NAME "nessuna"