IIS Permission Problem (Mapserver Demo)

Paul Shapley p.shapley at FSMAIL.NET
Fri Aug 19 06:02:10 EDT 2005

Hi Everyone,
I'm still having some problems with the Mapserv.exe on Windows 2000, it is still attempting to download when i click 'initialize' on the 'demo_init.html' file. I do not know anything about 'IIS', Scripts and Executables etc . How do you prevent this?. The 'cgi-bin' folder has r/w permissions.
Thanks all.
Paul

Message Received: Aug 18 2005, 11:08 AM
From: "Paul Shapley"
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: New Mapserver User

I'm new to Mapserver and i'm trying to get the demo to work. When i 'initialize' the demo_init.html file the Mapserv.exe attempts to download to my pc. The supporting documentation explains this is due to an IIS 'permissions' problem. Can anyone explain what i need to do to get it working.
Many thanks,

Paul Shapley