ASP.NET and mapscript - unable to load DLL

Abe Gillespie abe.gillespie at GMAIL.COM
Fri Aug 19 12:37:11 EDT 2005

Did you move mapscript.dll to system32 as well?  The only DLL that
should be in your bin dir is mapscript_csharp.dll.

Suggestions:
1.  Write the mapfile by hand with the file streaming objects?
2.  Wrap the MapServer CGI executable with ASP.NET (I think someone
did just this some time ago).
3.  If this is all you're doing, you *might* be able to get away with
it in ASP.NET.  See if there's a way to protect a section of ASP.NET
code with a semaphore or similar construct.  Is there something that
protects in the virtual thread environment?

-Abe