OGR Problem

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at SYNCERA-ITSOLUTIONS.NL
Wed Aug 24 05:37:40 EDT 2005

How are you trying to apply this to polygons? Using a column which stores the geometry as WKT (because that's what OGR expects)?

Best regards,
Bart

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera IT Solutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.nl
>>> Dave Mitchell <dave.mitchell at NEWGROVE.COM> 08/24/05 11:31 AM >>>
Hi,

I have got part of the way to solving my problem, as I am able to plot
points now.

This link was very useful:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?VirtualSpatialData

My other findings have been that for SQL Server ODBC connections, you
cannot use Windows Authentication, you must use SQL Server authentication.

i.e.
<SrcDataSource>ODBC:username/password at odbcDataSourceName</SrcDataSource>

OGR seems to work like an x,y event theme, I don't think it is actually
using the well known binary specification at all.

So far I have been unable to apply this to polygons.

Best regards,

Dave