PHP/Mapscript as WMS server

Sebastian Albrecht albrecht at FIELAX.DE
Wed Aug 24 12:54:16 EDT 2005

Hello,

in the mailinglist archives in 2003 I found a thread called
"OGC compliant WMS server delivering dynamic layers".

It was about a PHP/Mapscript script used as some kind of proxy WMS
server. Requests like GetCapabilities were directly forwarded to the
local mapserv cgi-bin using Header('Location: http://...?REQUEST=')
while the GetMap request was processed in the PHP script itself for

Are there any current projects which are based on the idea of using
Mapscript to build up a more dynamic WMS server component?

Best regards,
Sebastian

PS: Will I have to use sth. like Deegree for having more dynamic at
the backend (f. e. for loading dynamic data, filters or expressions
depending on the scale)?