WFS and Oracle

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at SYNCERA-ITSOLUTIONS.NL
Thu Aug 25 07:19:52 EDT 2005

Huub,

you need to compile mapserv with VC6, SP3 or SP4 minimal (one of the two, I can't remember exactly). Otherwise you get crashes on GetFeatureInfo or GetFeature with maporaclespatial. VC7 also does the trick.

Best regards,
Bart

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera IT Solutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.nl

>>> Huub Fleuren <hfl at HOME.NL> 08/25/05 1:13 pm >>>
All compiling goes with vc6, no sp ((i think: i use a copy of the vc98
directory :-), what happens there if i should run a service pack?)
Are you guessing it would be nessacary to run the sevice pack before
gdal succeeds in converting the retrieved dataset to GML?
Running an SP is something i can do of course. Results on monday.

My guessing.
    There are different stages in this:
    Oracle must be accessed by mapserver, this goes oke, because it
needs to do that for WMS too,
    this goes OK, because the same dataset shows up in the map.
    It takes some time for mapserver to crash. I guess the dataset is
retrieved. How can i be sure?
    If the dataset really was retrieved by mapserver GDAL 1.3 might not
be able GMLizes it?
    On the other hand: the SHP was GMLized correctly (by GDAL?).
    Maybe someone who really knows which components do what for which
connectiontype could make a better guess.

A DescribeFeatureType works, GetFeatureInfo will be tried next monday.

Regards,
Huub