Blank image being created in MS 4.6.0

Brent Fraser bfraser at GEOANALYTIC.COM
Thu Aug 25 15:19:43 EDT 2005

Mike,

   Well, this is getting interesting.  In theory, your original map file
should work.  Even though the coordinates you give are pixels, not world
coordinates, MapServer doesn't know that.  I tried the following map file
with 4.6:

#epsg:32611
NAME AUG21234542.map
SIZE 400 400
EXTENT 0 0 576 432
WEB
 TEMPLATE Template.html
 IMAGEPATH ""
 IMAGEURL ""
END

LAYER
 TYPE RASTER
 STATUS DEFAULT
 DATA "test.jpg"
 PROJECTION
  "init=epsg:32611"
 END
# TRANSPARENCY 100
END

END

This actually causes mapserv.exe to crash!  And un-commenting the
TRANSPARENCY 100 stops the crashing.  shp2img doesn't crash, but it spits
out a GIF stream to stdout even though I used "-o test.gif" for an output
file.

I'll have to step through this in the debugger....

Brent Fraser
GeoAnalytic Inc.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada