Continuous grids using OGR and OpenDAP

Ryan Boyles ryan_boyles at NCSU.EDU
Thu Aug 25 16:59:44 EDT 2005

This one is probably for Frank W. -

Is there a way to display continuous grids in Mapserver via a GDAL/OGR
connection to an OpenDAP server?

I have gridded precipitation observations available through a OpenDAP server
http://gulfstream.meas.ncsu.edu:9090/dods/mpe/

I found a reference on the Mapserver Wiki to display the gridded values
as points, and I've made this work - no problem.

But I need to display as a continuous grid or raster, not as thousands
of discrete points. Searching the listserve archives, there doesn't seem
to be a success story available for guidance.

I'd be appreciative of any help from the community...

Ryan Boyles
NC State University