[UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Mapserver demo crash

Fortin,Nicolas [SteFoy] nicolas.fortin at EC.GC.CA
Fri Aug 26 11:43:40 EDT 2005

Hi

I didn't follow all the conversation but as a windows user, I can tell you that 90% of the problem with mapserver and IIS come from permission problem.  Run filemon (http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Filemon.html) while loading the page and check the result to see if there's any ACCESS DENIED or suspicious FILE NOT FOUND.

Hope this helps
Nicolas Fortin

-----Message d'origine-----
De : UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] De la part de Matt Garrish
Envoyé : 26 août 2005 11:36
À : MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Objet : Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Mapserver demo crash

It only dies in IIS when I run the demo (so far, anyway). I am, for example, able to run the "Hello World" example on the recipes page (http://www.mobilegeographics.com/mapserver/). Aside from the parameters that get passed from the index.html page (reproduced below), I've set the following in the itasca.map file:

SHAPEPATH "c:/inetpub/wwwroot/workshop/data"

WMS_ONLINERESOURCE "http://localhost/workshop/index.html"

I'm going to try running the example on a win2k box and see if it's something specific to XP (I've tried a couple of different XP boxes with the same result).

Matt