DWithin filter

Miguel Gonçalves mgoncalves at DSI.UMINHO.PT
Tue Aug 30 12:26:32 EDT 2005

Hi

Im am using MapServer 4.6.0 for windows.
I am using the following WFS DWithin filter

http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?MAP=../mymap.map&SERVICE=wfs&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=getFeature&TYPENAME=cities&Filter=

<Filter>
   <DWithin>
       <gml:Point>
       <gml:coordinates>-8.418000,41.539600</gml:coordinates>
       </gml:Point>
       <Distance units='m'>1000</Distance>
   </DWithin>
</Filter>

to get all the points in the layer cities in a range of 1000 meters.
The Problem is that I am not obtaining accurate results.
The points I am getting as result are in a range bigger than 1000 meters.
Does somebody can help me?

The mapfile file that I am using is:

MAP
  SHAPEPATH    "europe_1_data"