oracle x mapserver

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 30 13:49:35 EDT 2005

On 8/30/05, Davi Duchovni <duchovni at gmail.com> wrote:
> please,
>
> i´m wonder if i can work with mapserver and oracle, not oracle spatial.
>
> Is there any way to visualize points stores in the base in two columns
> diferentes, one represent the X and the other one represent the Y.
> Both number are non-spatial.

Davi,

You could just connect to Oracle by ODBC and use the OGR VRT
mechanism to treat the pair of columns as x/y point locations.  There
is discussion on how to do this in the wiki I believe.

You could also use the OGR OCI driver to access a non-spatial
oracle table but I think you would need to explicitly list the target
table in the datasource since normally only spatial tables are treated
as layers.

Best regards,