Mode browse works but mode map and wms server do not?

Pagurek,Debbie [NCR] Debbie.Pagurek at EC.GC.CA
Wed Aug 31 09:15:03 EDT 2005

You might be getting a broken link because IIS doesn't have permissions
to write to the appropriate directories. Does d:\mapserver\ have write
permissions? Can the IUSR guest account write to that directory? Is that
directory mapped properly so it can be accessed at
"http://myserver.com/mapserver/"?

As for the distortion,
It could be that you've set your extents as -179 -90 179 83 but you're
forcing your map size to be 400x300, when really it should be 400x193 if
you want to keep xy aspect correct. I haven't tested this but this is
what I suspect might be happening.

D. Pagurek

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Miller Joseph
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 5:31 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Mode browse works but mode map and wms
server do not?

Problem:
Mapserver 4.6 on IIS 6 (Windows 2003 Server)works in browse mode but
when I need it to stream png files, either in mode=map or as a wms
server, the browser only shows a broken link.  In addition, the streamed
output jpg files look extremely distorted, but it's definitely not a
projection issue.  (BTW, I had exactly the same issues with Apache on
this machine)

I have built mapserver 4.6 with the following capabilities:

MapServer version 4.6.0 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP OUTPUT=SVG
SUPPORTS=P ROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVE R SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=FASTCGI INPUT=SDE INPUT=OGR I NPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE
DEBUG=MSDEBUG

My map file is below(the urls,username, and password have been altered):
MAP
	NAME GISR
	STATUS ON
	UNITS DD
	IMAGETYPE PNG24
	EXTENT	-179 -90 179 83
	Size		400 300
	IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
	SHAPEPATH "d:\mapserver\"
	WEB
		LOG "d:\mapserver\logmapserver.txt"
		IMAGEPATH "d:\mapserver\"
		IMAGEURL "http://myserver.com/mapserver/"
		TEMPLATE "d:\mapserver\test1.htm"
		METADATA
			"wms_title" "GISR WMS Server"
			"wms_onlineresource"
"http://myserver.com/mapserver/mapserv.exe?map=test1.map&"
			"wms_srs" "EPSG:4326"
		END # of metadata
	END # of Web
	PROJECTION
		"init=epsg:4326"
	END # of projection
	LAYER
		NAME World_Countries
		METADATA
			"wms_title" "World_Countries"
		END #of metadata
		TYPE POLYGON
		STATUS DEFAULT
		CONNECTION "10.0.0.19,port:5151,sde,username,password"
		CONNECTIONTYPE SDE
		DATA "ACSIM.CNTRY02,SHAPE,SDE.DEFAULT"
		PROJECTION
			"init=epsg:4326"
		END #of projection
		CLASS
      		NAME       "The Upper Great Lakes States"
      		STYLE
        			COLOR        232 232 232
        			OUTLINECOLOR 32 32 32
      		END #of style