Keeping MapServer MapServer (Re: Will someone summarize this?)

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Thu Dec 1 09:54:59 EST 2005

On Dec 1, 2005, at 7:33 AM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> On 12/1/05, Aniruddha S. Khadkikar <as.khadkikar at ncl.res.in> wrote:
>> Have we agreed that:
>>
>> Mapserver retain its identity as before (I vote for that - in case
>> polling is on).
>
> Aniruddha,
>
> I, for one, don't agree with keeping MapServer named just "MapServer".
> Clearly a number of people do feel this way.

Frank,

I think it's clear as can be made without packing us all in a room
and asking for a show of hands: outside of the foundation cabal (and
perhaps AU attendees) people want the original MapServer to remain
"MapServer". Do you not see this?

Let's make it so. It's the right thing to do.

cheers,
Sean

---
Sean Gillies