[Image] world map

Aniruddha S. Khadkikar as.khadkikar at NCL.RES.IN
Mon Dec 5 08:30:02 EST 2005

Hi Benjamin,
Go to the following links:
http://www.diva-gis.org/Data.htm
There you will find administrative boundaries country wise and also for
the entire world. The first link is for country level data. You can then
merge all the shapefiles.

The second site is:
http://www.mapability.com/index1.html
Vector Map (VMap) Level 0 is an updated and improved version of the
National Imagery and Mapping Agency's (NIMA) Digital Chart of the World
(DCW®). VMap Level 0 includes major road and rail networks, hydrologic
drainage systems, utility networks (cross-country pipelines and
communication lines), major airports, elevation contours, coastlines,
international boundaries and populated places.

However the data is in a binary format, but Arcview can help you with
that. You may also try and use Microdem which has an import/export
option for vmap data.
http://www.usna.edu/Users/oceano/pguth/website/microdem.htm

Hope this helps.
Aniruddha