dynamic legend from raster

Mark Brooks mark_brooks at NCSU.EDU
Mon Dec 5 20:24:17 EST 2005

I have a raster layer that contains precipitation data.  The layer is
dynamically created and may contain values from 0 to 2.5  or  0 to 35 or
0 to x.  I want my legend of colors, representing thresholds of
precipitation values, to be dynamic based on the max and min of the
layer.  So if the precipitation only goes from 0 to 2.5, then my legend
has its colors evenly divided up within the 0 to 2.5 threshold.  If the
layer's precipitation goes from 0 to 35, then my legend will have its
colors evenly divided up within the 0 to 35 threshold.  To potentially
complicate things, I also want these colors to be dynamically labeled
based on what thresholds they represent.  I suspect I should use
something like PROCESSING SCALE_BUCKETS?  I don't know enough about
scale buckets to know if it's even appropriate for this.

Any insight?

Thanks,
Mark