Mapserver - Autodesk: hostile takeover, merger of equals or what?

Paul Spencer pspencer at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Tue Dec 6 14:15:26 EST 2005

ok, me too :)  There is no summary of the discussion to date except
in the mailing list archives and irc logs.

Gary Lang of Autodesk did send an email to the list stating that they
acknowledge the community's comments and are reviewing the naming of
their product.

I'm actually not sure where the renaming of MapServer stands, there
was a poll through the new web site that indicated those who
responded where not in favour of changing the name.

Cheers

Paul