Serving MrSidd images

Travis Kirstine GIS Tech tkirstine at JDBARNES.COM
Thu Dec 8 14:56:52 EST 2005

Lawrence,
If it is possible I would recommend converting your MrSid images to GeoTiff
format and serving them up that way. We've tried using MrSid's and haven't
had much luck perfomance wise
Travis

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU]On
Behalf Of Lawrence Hartpence
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 12:56 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Serving MrSidd images

Hello,

I am very new to MapServer.  I wanted to add a set of tiled images in MrSidd
format to my map.  I have a shapefile depicting the locations of the tiles.
I understand that I need GDAL to make this happen.  I loaded MapServer using
the MS4W download.  Do I have GDAL?  If I do, how do I use it.  Also I am
running MapServer on a Windows 2000 server machine with IIS as the
webserver.

Lawrence Hartpence
GIS Coordinator
101 1st St N