Question about OFFSET values

Fri Dec 9 23:56:57 EST 2005

Hi Bob,

Would you post what you have done so far? I have wanted to do something
like this for a long while.

Have you, would you open a bug for an enhancement to mapserver to better
support this functionality?

You might be able to get this to work with two layers by:

LABEL
   ANGLE AUTO
   POSITION CC
   TEXT "[L_FROM] [R_FROM]"
   WRAP " "
END

Then you can vary the number of spaces between the two fields based on
the line thickness and then use the OFFSETs to get them positioned on
the line.

It would be nice if POSITION could take a percentage along the line
segment as the label point. So 0.0 would be the start of the line and
1.0 would be the end of the line and the angle would be based on which
part of the polyline that the label point fell on.

-Steve W.