Python Mapscript

Michael Hinke michaelhinke at GMAIL.COM
Sun Dec 11 17:26:36 EST 2005

Hello-

I am in the process of trying to configure Mapserver 4.6.1 for Python
mapscript.  When I test the installation I receive several errors, the are:

[mike at azuma cases]$ python runalltests.py -v
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "runalltests.py", line 59, in ?
    m = __import__(test)
  File
"/home/mike/gsource/mapserver-4.6.1/mapscript/python/tests/cases/symbolsettest.py",
line 39, in ?
    from testing import mapscript, MapTestCase, TESTMAPFILE, XMARKS_IMAGE
  File
"/home/mike/gsource/mapserver-4.6.1/mapscript/python/tests/cases/testing.py",
line 61, in ?
    import mapscript
  File "../../build/lib.linux-i686-2.4/mapscript.py", line 4, in ?
    import _mapscript
ImportError: libpq.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

I assume that this has to do with changing paths.  Any ideas?  Uh, I am new
to all of this.

M.