WMS doesn't show maps

Eijnden, B. van den (Bart) b.vdeijnden at AGI.RWS.MINVENW.NL
Mon Dec 12 02:59:31 EST 2005

Hi Luca,

with respect to the GetCapabilities request, download the file anyway,
that's because the content type is something the browser does not know. It
is just an XML file though. Check if there are warnings or errors in the
XML.

For your METADATA at LAYER level you need at least (see
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc46/wms-server-howto.html):

-wms_title
-wms_srs (if you did not define this at the WEB object)

Also, define a PROJECTION object for your LAYER.

A full request would be for instance:

http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/cgi-bin/mswfs_gmap?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQU
EST=getmap&layers=park,popplace&STYLES=&SRS=EPSG:4326&BBOX=-173.537,35.8775,
-11.9603,83.8009&WIDTH=400&HEIGHT=300&FORMAT=image/png

Best regards,
Bart