Having trouble displaying GeoTIFF raster data

Chieko Maene cmaene at UIC.EDU
Mon Dec 12 15:13:08 EST 2005

Thank you for your kind reply, Mr. Alpert & Mr. McNierney, but I am
still not be able to figure out what is wrong.. sorry.

Mr. Alpert, I am quite sure that I passed the layer="DOP04" just like
any other layers (shapefiles, POSTGIS data).. The one thing that I am
not sure is that I used "init=epsg:26971" projection but in fact all my
data are in feet, not meter. It didn't affect my other shapefiles &
POSTGIS data, but will it affect raster data..?

Mr. McNierney, my "DOP04.tif" file is huge, actually.. 357MB, dimensions
w=25000 x h=15000 in pixel. Could it be a problem..?

#####################################
NAME campusmap.map
SIZE 600 600
EXTENT 1159128.60 1888822.10 1174680.45 1904373.95
UNITS feet
IMAGETYPE PNG
SHAPEPATH "/test_mapdata/"

# IL STATE PLANE NAD83 UNIT=FEET is my data's projection
# EPSG:26971 is IL STATE PLANE NAD83 UNIT=METER

PROJECTION
  "init=epsg:26971"
END

Thank you so much. Chieko