Mapscript getExtent() for postGIS Layer returns strange result

Michael Schulz mschulz at WEBGIS.DE
Tue Dec 13 08:33:30 EST 2005

Hi,

i have a similar problem here (not mapscript, but mapserver as wms
server), on different servers, running mapserver 4.6.1, PG 8.0.3 /
Postgis: the getCapabilities xml shows strange extents of postgres
layers (in latlon and other srs), far beyond the correct extent. Same
behaviour: examining the extent on the db gives corrects results.

For now i used the extents from the db in the wms_extent parameter.

Cheers, Michael

Michael Schulz                            mschulz at webgis.de

in medias res  Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH

In den Weihermatten 66              Tel +49 (0)761 556959-5
79108 Freiburg                      Fax +49 (0)761 556959-6

                www.webgis.de / www.zopecms.de