Foundation and Mapserver MAP file manag e tool

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Wed Dec 14 14:15:42 EST 2005

On 12/14/05, Bart van den Eijnden <bartvde at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Seeing the amount of reactions, maybe it would still be an idea to form
> an interest group for this? One of the things I'd hate to see happen
> (and what is happening already) is all these initiatives being explored
> parallel, whereas IMHO we should be combining forces on this as a
> community, since it is a significant effort which also needs careful
> thought.

Bart,

I think it would be reasonable to establish a mailing list for such discussions,
or even hold them on mapserver-dev if they aren't too volumous.  I do think
you will find a variety of opinions on how to approach the problem but it is
worth discussing.

> Could space be arranged on the plone site for instance for an interest
> group to communicate? What do others think?

I'm sure Howard would be happy to provide you with edit previledges
sufficient to post documents in a sub-area for this project, if you don't
already have them.

As for the other mentions of other projects that support "save to
mapfile", that is quite a bit different than an entirely mapfile oriented
management interface (IMHO).

Best regards,