New MapServer website is live

Howard Butler hobu at IASTATE.EDU
Thu Dec 15 20:30:45 EST 2005

All,

The new MapServer website is now live.  There still may be some
issues or things missing, but we took care to alias links to old docs
so as to break as few bookmarks (and links in emails) as possible.

There may still be some growing pains, and I'm not sure how we'll
respond to the load, but we have some strategies ready in case we
need to deal with it.

Thanks very much to those who have worked so hard to make this
happen.  It was over a year in the making.

- Kari Guerts
- Jeff McKenna
- Steve Lime
- Frank Warmerdam
- Sean Gillies
- Trent Erickson
- Perry Nacionales
- Tom Burk
- Tyler Mitchell
- MapServer-docs team
- Anyone who has submitted documents or succumbed to my doc nagging
- The #mapserver folks who tested profusely
- The Plone developers who answered my annoying questions
- Anyone else I missed

There will definitely be more features and documents added as time
goes on.  We are still working on a document that describes how to
contribute to the site.  Send me private emails if you find any bugs,
or join #mapserver on IRC and we'll work through them together.

Thanks

Howard

PS.  Our site's styling currently looks like winter in Minnesota.
Anyone intersted in doing some styling of the site (it's pure CSS),
post your messages and thoughts on the mapserver-docs list.