JBox and Microsoft VM

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at GMAIL.COM
Thu Dec 15 22:23:59 EST 2005

Edward Nuttall <ewnuttall <at> QINETIQ.COM> writes:

> Hi All, (and Merry Christmas!!!)
>
> Is there anyway to get JBox working with the Microsoft VM? I've started the
> java console and can see that the applet threads are running, also I can
> see the rubber-band-box but there is no image just grey.
>
> Unfortunately, security policy prevents me installing the Java VM on some
> of the machines where I wish to view my website.
>
> Any help much appreciated
>
> Ed

The Microsoft VM does not (and probably never will) support PNG images.
Otherwise it runs quite well. Try setting your image type to GIF or JPEG and see
if that's the problem. If it works with GIF and JPEG, and you still want to use
PNG's, then try the jBoxPNG, which uses the six-legs library. This adds 3rd
party PNG support to VM's that don't have native PNG support.

HTH,
Rich