Generating images only

Mark Wright sparkymeister at GMAIL.COM
Sat Dec 17 01:29:05 EST 2005

I posted this the other day on another thread. It is a php example,
but I would think you could do the same in cgi.

In the map img tag set the src attribute to a php file with a
querystring stating everything needed to get the correct map and
settings. When it's time to save the generated image do the following:

header('Content-type: image/png');
$image->saveImage('');

This will send the image to the browser instead of saving it to disk
and set the proper mime type so that the browser knows it is receiving
image data. If you are generating an image in a format other than png
simply change the content-type to match.

Mark

--
Have fun or die trying - but try not to actually die.
http://www.AboveCalifornia.com