UMN-MapServer 4.8 doesn't compile on FreeBSD 4 (gdal-1.2.1)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Mon Dec 19 09:39:54 EST 2005

On 12/19/05, Benjamin Thelen <bt at ccgis.de> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> after some investigations: Is it possible, that UMN-MapServer does not
> compile with gdal-1.2.1?
>
> I get the following error:

> .
> .
> .
> mapogr.cpp:136: gdal_version.h: No such file or directory
> gmake: *** [mapogr.o] Error 1
>

> This file is indeed missing and only available with more recent versions
> of gdal.

Ben,

Yes, apparently MapServer requires newer versions of GDAL
though I'm not sure of exactly what version.  GDAL 1.2.6
likely works, though I encourage folks to upgrade to 1.3.1.

Best regards,