Doubts regarding Mapserver

Apeksha Bhambhani beproject06 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Dec 20 08:51:05 EST 2005

We had downloaded Mapserver-4.6.1 successfully on  Linux . However we are facing certain problems with the demo  installation . It seems that we are not modifying the paths in the  index.html file correctly. We are working on Fedora Core 4. For the  hidden variables the paths need to be modified and the different paths  that we have specified are :

  <input type="hidden" name="map" value="/workshop/itasca.map">
  <input type="hidden" name="program" value="/cgi-bin/mapserv">
  <input type="hidden" name="root" value="/workshop">
  <input type="hidden" name="map_web_imagepath" value="/var/www/html/temp>
  <input type="hidden" name="map_web_imageurl" value="/var/www/html/temp">

  We are unsure of the validity of these paths . ' temp'  is a  folder created by us and has been given writable permissions .

  Please can somebody help us out .

  Thanking you,
  Apeksha

http://mail.yahoo.com