Doubts regarding Mapserver

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at PCA.STATE.MN.US
Tue Dec 20 09:10:29 EST 2005

Apeksha,

It is difficult to verify your paths without knowing your file
structure, but I did see on issue:

map_web_imageurl should be a URL, not a path, something like "/temp/
<http://127.0.0.1/temp/> "

Take a look in /var/www/html/temp/ , are images being created there?  If
so, then your primary issue is that your IMAGEURL is not correct.  If
the images are not being produced, then there additional issues with
your map file or with your html templates.

David.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: UMN MapServer Users List
[mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of Apeksha Bhambhani
	Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 7:51 AM
	To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
	Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Doubts regarding Mapserver

	We had downloaded Mapserver-4.6.1 successfully on Linux .
However we are facing certain problems with the demo installation . It
seems that we are not modifying the paths in the index.html file
correctly. We are working on Fedora Core 4. For the hidden variables the
paths need to be modified and the different paths that we have specified
are :

	<input type="hidden" name="map" value="/workshop/itasca.map">
	<input type="hidden" name="program" value="/cgi-bin/mapserv">
	<input type="hidden" name="root" value="/workshop">
	<input type="hidden" name="map_web_imagepath"
value="/var/www/html/temp>
	<input type="hidden" name="map_web_imageurl"
value="/var/www/html/temp">

	We are unsure of the validity of these paths . ' temp'  is a
folder created by us and has been given writable permissions .

	Please can somebody help us out .

	Thanking you,
	Apeksha

	http://mail.yahoo.com