SDE queries and views

Howard Butler hobu at IASTATE.EDU
Tue Dec 20 17:57:30 EST 2005

Kevin,

MapServer works with SDE's attributes almost like any other database
(two-pass querying still applies though).  Are you having any troubles?

Also, you can create something in SDE called an "SDE View," which you
can use SDE to permanently join layers with attributes and make them
appear to clients as a single, alternatively-named layer.  I have
found that this is faster and simpler than attempting to try and do
anything about JOINs in mapfiles, etc.

HTH

Howard