mysql?

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at XS4ALL.NL
Wed Dec 21 13:29:14 EST 2005

Hi,

it is a feature called Virtual Spatial Data. In OGR you can connect with
ODBC to MySQL, or you could compile OGR against the MySQL client then
you don't need ODBC. Basically a table with an X and Y column can be
made virtually spatial, or you could have a WKT (or WKB) column with the
geometry in there.

There are the resources:
http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_vrt.html

http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_odbc.html
http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_mysql.html

There is also something native in Mapserver called MyGIS. See:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MySQL

Best regards,
Bart