Autodesk product naming poll

Paul Spencer pspencer at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Thu Dec 22 09:07:56 EST 2005

I'm really starting to think that the foundation should be called
MapTools and the various projects that become part of the MapTools
foundation should then keep their own names.  In this alternate
universe, we would have MapTools MapServer and MapTools MapGuide I
guess.  If other projects joined, they would (could?) gain the prefix
MapTools ...

Note that I've always been in favour of co-branding these products,
and despite the excellent rational arguments against it, I still have
a gut feel that it would be the right thing to do - I just can't
defend/explain it and so I'm going to side with the separate name
camp I think.

Cheers

Paul