mapserver error with wms layer

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Thu Dec 22 11:10:17 EST 2005

On 12/22/05, Lluís Garcia i Mestres <lluisgarcia at tecnics.org> wrote:
> Frank,
>
> Thanks for your answer, as you said I tried with gdalinfo and it didn't
> reconize as supported format. My debug option is on and this is the
> following message that I got:
>
> msDrawRaster(): Image handling error. Unrecognized or unsupported image
> format <br>
> drawEPP(): Image handling error.
> c:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\mapserver\dades\catalunya\tmp\113526506557400.img.tmp
> is not an EPPL file. <br>
>

> This wms service works with for example gaia viewer, and I'm sure the layer
> configuration is correct, at least the provider said that it was the same as
> the old wms service. What's wrong there?

Lluis,

Inspecting the file it is actually an XML exception report:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' standalone='no' ?>
<!DOCTYPE ServiceExceptionReport SYSTEM
"http://www.digitalearth.gov/wmt/xml/exception_1_1_1.dtd
">
<ServiceExceptionReport version="1.1.1"><ServiceException>[3] [wms]
invalid exception format</ServiceException></ServiceExceptionReport>

I am guessing that MapServer is asking for the wrong kind of
exception format, but I don't know for sure how this part works.

Best regards,