projection s57 maps

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at XS4ALL.NL
Wed Dec 28 11:51:11 EST 2005

Hi Peter,

did you make a typo in your e-mail or do you really have CONNECTION TYPE
with the space in there? It should be CONNECTIONTYPE OGR anyway.

Yes, you can have layers in different projections, just specify the
PROJECTION blocks per layer. I would recommend adding a PROJECTION block
for your MAP object, which defines the output projection you want from
Mapserver. Which output projection are you aiming for?

By far the easiest way to deal with projections is by using EPSG codes.
So for WGS84 you would use:

  PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:4326"
  END

And for the Dutch RD system you would use:

  PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:28992"
  END

Check the EPSG file which comes with PROJ, which is the projection
library Mapserver uses.

Best regards,
Bart

--