Sort of MapServer related . . Stacked, or coincident points . . .

Bob Basques bob.basques at CI.STPAUL.MN.US
Wed Dec 28 19:50:57 EST 2005

All,

I need a way to handle a stacked point data set.  I'm working with a
Address dataset that has some points that are stacked in the same spot.
A few of them have hundreds of points in the same location, IE Apt.
Buildings, etc.

Has anyone worked with a similar dataset before from MapServer?

We have some ideas about how to display the data.  Nothing concrete
yet.  The current system relies on ImageMaps for the display of the
point data via a MapServer Template.  This works for the first (last
ImageMap record) in the imagemap, but how to view the other point
records from the same point.   We're in the mode right now to build some
Javascript handlers for a XML stream from MapServer, but this seems like
overkill for some reason.

The dataset is such that I can't seperate the different points very
easily, nor should they I think.

Any ideas out there?

bobb