MapInfo TAB/MID/MIF

Obe, Regina DND\MIS robe.dnd at CITYOFBOSTON.GOV
Fri Dec 30 08:12:58 EST 2005

I had similar problems a while back with Mapinfo tab files and it was my
styleitem that was the culprit.  Since you have styleitem set to auto it
will try to read the styleitem information from the mapinfo file and as I
recall if this style item symbol isn't defined in your list of symbols, it
won't render.

I think DM Solutions has on their website somewhere a standard mapinfo
symbolset - I think it was called symbols_mapinfo.sym or something like
that.  Alternatively you could explicitly specify the style or line color
yourself.

As Tyler suggested looking at the ogrinfo will help diagnose the problem and
maybe if you post that ogrinfo to the group we will be better able to help
you.

Regina

-----Original Message-----
From: Van Ulden, Joost [mailto:jvanulde at NRCAN.GC.CA]
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2005 8:45 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] MapInfo TAB/MID/MIF

Hi all,

We are unable to get MapServer to draw MapInfo files.  We have tried both
TAB and MID/MIF.  Here is a layer snippet:

LAYER
 NAME "TempLayer"
 PROJECTION
   "init=EPSG:4326"
 END
 TYPE line
   CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
   CONNECTION
"D:\workspaces\d9c83f0c-a133-4593-8940-2760beaffd6b\layers\A1_23_38G.MIF"
   STYLEITEM "AUTO"
   CLASS
     NAME 'Feature'
   END
 END

We are able to connect successfully to other formats via OGR.  Any
suggestions?

Thank you in advance,

Joost van Ulden
Programmer/Analyst
Natural Resources Canada / Ressources naturelles Canada Geological Survey of
Canada / Commission geologique du Canada 101 - 605 Robson Street / 101 - 605
rue Robson Vancouver, B.C. / Vancouver
(C.B.) V6B 5J3
Office/Bureau: 604.666.7525
fax/telecopieur: 604.666.1124

confidential, legally
privileged and/or exempt from disclosure pursuant to Massachusetts
law. It is intended
contact the sender and
delete the material from any computer.