configure issues SUSE 9.1

Frank Barrett frank.barrett at UCD.IE
Tue Feb 1 10:08:51 EST 2005

Hi Gerry, your tip worked. The php-devel library was not installed! However
now I'm getting another nasty.. i.e.:

!!! Your PHP was compiled with PHP's bundled regex library.
!!! In this case Mapserver and PHP MapScript must also be compiled
!!! using the same copy of regex.
!!! There are two possible ways to get rid of this error:
!!!1- Download/extract and build the PHP source on your system (no need
!!!   to 'make install') and use the --with-php-regex-dir=DIR configure
!!!   option to specify the location of the PHP source tree where the
!!!   regex/*.0 fiels are located. This is the only way to build
!!!   PHP MapScript in an environment wher PHP is configured as an
Apache !!!DSO.
!!!2- Try to reconfigure and re-compile PHP4 using --with-regex=system and
then
!!!   re-configure and re-compile mapserver.
!!!   Note that PHP's --with-regex=system works only when PHP is
!!!   is configured as a CGI (that is without the --with-apxs and
!!!   --with-httpd options). So if you configured you PHP using
!!!   --with-regex=system and still get this error then make sure you
!!!   configured PHP as a CGI.

It seems to me that option 2 might be the way to go? I know it's slightly
off topic any idea how I might go about re-compiling PHP considering I
initially set PHP using the YAST RPMs?