mapserver 4.1

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 3 00:25:05 EST 2005

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 19:40:52 -0700, Thomas Riemer <tom at mindcontract.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>     I've got mapserver-4.4.1 with gdal and proj support compiled
>
>     I am trying to use mapinfo .tab files.
>
>     Has anyone successfully got 4.4.1 working for mapinfo TAB files?
>
>     If not, can someone give me a clue as to which versions do work.
>
>     If so, maybe you can tell me about this behavior:
>
>         The behavior I am seeing is a blank image.
>
>        It seems like its processing data - but it just returns a blank
> image.

Tom,

There are all sorts of possible reasons for this, including stuff
like your map extent and the region of the file not overlapping.
Do you believe the problem is specific to tab files?  Try translating
the data to shape, and trying that directly or through OGR.

There are tricky aspects to handling auto-styling with TAB files.
But raw vector rendering should be essentially the same with
them as any format.

Best regards,