Finding which shape polygon a point is in with mapscript

Lowell Filak lfilak at MEDINACO.ORG
Thu Feb 3 11:01:37 EST 2005

The following message was sent by Camden Daily <cdaily at GMAIL.COM> on
Thu, 3 Feb 2005 09:48:49 -0600.

> Eric, $layer->open() doesn't seem to like taking any arguments.  The
> documentation doesn't list it as being able to take any arguments
> either.  Is that a perl only ability?
>
> Calling layer->open() without arguments in other parts of my script
> works just fine; it just fails in this instance.
>
> I'll let you know if I find any success with queryByPoint().

Camden,

I believe that the use of 'open' changed between Eric's (I think he
mentioned 3.6) sample and 4.4, it does not take an argument now.

Lowell