New mapping service...

Tue Feb 8 10:56:10 EST 2005

I've seen lots of folks doing that recently. Checkout:

  http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/maps/landview_dhtml_x.html

The legend is rebuilt using XMLHttpRequest. Works great and is really
quite portable.

Steve

>>> Camden Daily <cdaily at GMAIL.COM> 02/08/05 9:49 AM >>>
Actually, I was meaning more their use of XMLHttpRequest to grab new
data from the server without having to reload.  It's a lot like what
they did with Google Suggest.  If you're curious on how they did that,
one guy dissected the code a bit:

http://serversideguy.blogspot.com/2004/12/google-suggest-dissected.html

The javascript that's running Google Maps is just sick.  Google is
certainly taking javascript a lot further than I've ever seen.

-Camden