Zoomscale (Integer data type?)

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Tue Feb 8 13:16:51 EST 2005

Kevin -

You can't have a fractional pixel - what are those extents supposed to
represent?

        - Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.
73 Princeton Street, Suite 305
North Chelmsford, MA  01863
ed at topozone.com
(978) 251-4242

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Kevin Grootendorst
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 1:01 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Zoomscale (Integer data type?)

Does anybody know how to force 'ZoomScale' to recognize double or float
data types, instead of treating numbers as integers?

I have the following extents (in pixels):
$px = 417.4;
$py = 290.6;

Using ZoomScale:
$oMapNavigator->zoomScale( 25000, $px1, $py2);

The map actually zooms to the point (417,290) which causes my point to
appear off centered.  I want to have the point centered.

Thanks.

Kevin