TrueType Symbols

Tue Feb 8 14:11:21 EST 2005

Does the layer draw with non-truetype symbols? I've been using this recently without problems with defs like:

  SYMBOL
    NAME 'blank_marker'
    TYPE TRUETYPE
    FONT 'recsym'
    CHARACTER '»'
    ANTIALIAS TRUE
  END

  SYMBOL
    NAME 'parking_marker'
    TYPE TRUETYPE
    FONT 'recsym'
    CHARACTER 'm'
    ANTIALIAS TRUE
  END

Steve

>>> Irene Pérez <irenutxa2000 at YAHOO.ES> 02/08/05 9:46 AM >>>
Dear sirs,
I'm trying to make a TrueType Symbol, but the map is not generated and no error message is shown.
The library GD supports Freetype, so... ¿what may the problem be?
In the mapserver config: SUPPORTS=FREETYPE ...

I'm trying with de example:
SYMBOL
  NAME "natcap"
  TYPE TRUETYPE
  FONT geo
  FILLED true
  ANTIALIAS true
  CHARACTER "r"
END

LAYER
 NAME "PRUEBA"
 CLASS
 NAME ...
 SYMBOL "natcap"
END
But it doesn't work. I've tried everything that came into my imagination, but nothing worked...
Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,