mapserv segfaults

John C Cartwright John.C.Cartwright at NOAA.GOV
Wed Feb 9 19:08:41 EST 2005

Hi Steve,

thanks for the prompt response and the suggestion.

gdb is just telling me the error occurred in memory allocation, but this
is not helping me much:

(gdb) run
Starting program: /extra/contrib/apache/cgi-bin/mapserver-4.4.1
[New Thread -1218617216 (LWP 8708)]

[Switching to Thread -1218617216 (LWP 8708)]
0x039ba0d1 in realloc () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6

I was hoping to tell what request parameter or map configuration element
might be causing trouble. Can you think of any way for me to pursue this
at a higher level?

Thanks!

-- john