STYLEITEM with postgis datasource (via OGR)

lionel l.bargeot at EDUCAGRI.FR
Thu Feb 10 01:37:05 EST 2005

Frank Warmerdam a écrit :

>Lionel,
>
>Are you hoping to have "OGR Auto-styling" kick in based on reading
>an attribute with style strings?

Yes that's what I was hoping

>I don't think this works.  I believe that
>autostyling is only applied if you use specifically 'STYLEITEM "AUTO"' and
>then it fetches the style item from the "special" style attribute of
>the feature.

I believed STYLEITEM could be "AUTO" or defined in the OGR layer, and
then could be build on the fly in a query.

>This isn't a real attribute though, and even naming an attribute style
>isn't
>the same as the "official" style string.

So, we will do it with a little mapscript code.

>What you need is a way of telling mapserver to use autostyling, but
>to read the style from a named attribute.  I don't think that exists, but
>it could be added reasonably easily.
>
>I would add that Daniel Morissette is the authority on OGR autostyling
>in mapserver, and might have more to add.  However, he is sometimes
>to busy to stay on top of mapserver-users questions.

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Lionel